When it comes to filing an insurance claim for roof damage, the process can be overwhelming. At Lowco Roofing, we are here to make it easier for you. When you need to file a claim, your insurance company will send an adjuster to assess the damage. We can have one of our experienced roofers in Anderson, SC or the surrounding areas meet with the adjuster to discuss the damage on your behalf. With our expertise in working with insurance companies, we can help you navigate through the process.
Dealing with insurance companies can be stressful, especially when you're already facing the task of replacing or repairing your roof. At Lowco Roofing, we understand how insurance companies operate, and we want to alleviate the stress by handling the insurance claim process for you. Let our experience work in your favor, not only for your roof repair but also in ensuring a smooth resolution to your insurance claim.
Most homeowner's insurance policies cover the full replacement cost of a damaged roof (check your policy or consult your agent for confirmation). The insurance company typically issues payment in two installments:
- The first payment covers the current value of the roof.
- The second payment, which includes depreciation, is sent after the completion of the roofing work and the submission of necessary paperwork. As part of our service, we will submit the Certificate of Completion to the insurance company on your behalf.
Mortgage Companies: If you have a mortgage on your home, and the insurance company's figures warrant it, the insurance check may be made out to both you and your mortgage company. You will need to contact your mortgage company to endorse the check. The process may involve visiting their office if they are local or mailing the check to them if they are out of town. The endorsement process typically takes around two weeks, though it may vary.
How We Assist You with an Insurance Claim
If you suspect storm damage to your home, follow these steps to file an insurance claim for roof repair:
- Contact Lowco Roofing for a complimentary roof inspection specifically for storm (wind/hail) damage. We will provide an honest evaluation and guide you through the claim filing process.
- Reach out to your insurance company to initiate the claim. Inform them that a reputable roofing company, Lowco Roofing, inspected your roof and identified storm damage. They may request our name and phone number, and they will gather your contact information and policy number to provide to the adjuster.
- The adjuster will contact you to schedule a visit.
- Remember to obtain the adjuster's name, contact number, and appointment time. You don't necessarily have to be present unless there is damage
Give our team a call or send us a message to schedule your free estimate today!Contact Us